Saturday, June 12, 2010

Paws Up Day 2

I really enjoyed the horseback ride yesterday, even though I had a problem with a saddle that didn't fit and my butt is really sore today! We had a great bar-b-Que dinner with the owner, Nadine, last night, with a jazz band, kids playing outside and really good company. Local residents also joined the dinner and it was interesting to hear how much they appreciated the local support Paws Up provides, from artists to farmers. The fireplaces were roaring, since the weather has gone from hot to cold to rain to sun 7 or 8 times during the day. I love it. I fell asleep so fast and as always was up with the sun, which here is 5 AM...oh, it doesn't get dark until 10 PM so my internal clock is a little screwed up. Today I am going to relax this morning, read a book and wait for my 1 PM massage...what a perfect was to spend the day. I'm sure I'll find time to walk around and look for animals. Yesterday I saw a skunk, a fox, a coyote, plenty of deer and ground squirrels. I'm still looking to see elk. Maybe today. The staff here is so accommodating, your really want for nothing. I'm looking forward to great meals again today. And who knows what tonight will bring. There's always something to do...or in my case, since I choose to...nothing. Check out my Facebook page for lot's of images.

No comments: