Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Conversation with a NextGen Travel Advisor

It’s funny, when I was young, my parents traveled a lot..before mom bought the agency, and I was able to travel around the world often…my father had business in South America, Panama (although I never got there) and I traveled with friends throughout Europe…I honeymooned in the Greek Islands, visited Turkey, and through my own photography business did a lot of the Caribbean. Once mom bought the agency, she and my dad took all of us kids and my son (8 at the time) for a month in Africa and Israel. Since I’ve been in the business, other than lot’s of 2 night cruises, and 1 trip to Paws Up in Montana, I don’t think I’ve been out of the country. I just can’t seem to find the time to be able to be gone for more than a week. I just can’t be gone long enough to go overseas. I am going to Lake Tahoe next week to go skiing, but am staying at my brothers condo with my son and his friends! I didn’t really want to have to do site inspections while on vacation! I would love to go to Ireland and Scotland…I’d love to go to the Netherlands and Russia in the winter…I do love cold weather….I’d like to visit South Africa, especially since my mother is an Africa expert and has been 30 times! I’m not great in crowds…I’d actually like to do a 2 week cruise somewhere, by myself, so no one can bother me and I could really rest…maybe on Oceania or Regent…that day will come I’m sure of it…but for now, I’ve got to be content and get my days off whenever I can. Let’s keep this conversation going, I enjoy talking with you. And if you have any friends that are looking for a place to get their feet wet in this business, I’ll be happy to talk with them too! Thanks!

No comments: