Monday, June 8, 2009

My Summer Road trip-making arrangements

I'm well into making my arrangements for my summer road trip. We've had to change our start date to June 16th due to a doctors appointment, but fortunately, that's a benefit to a road trip...you can make last minute changes. We'll head north towards Atlanta and have a long drive our first day, 11 hours. I'm still waiting for the confirmation for staying at Forrest Hills Resort outside of Dahlonega, GA. They have a single cabin in the woods, with a fireplace and hot tub, and are pet friendly. That's where we want to make our home base for the 3 days we'll be in the N. GA area. We've got lot's of friends to visit with, and I need to see my horse. I know we'll take one day and just hike in the woods and maybe tube down the Chattahoochee River out of Helen, GA. From there, we're heading to Maryland to stay with some friends for 3 nights. They have 10 acres, so it will still feel like we're in the country, and Lou, my dog, will be able to roam around and chase rabbits. Jamie and I will go into Washington DC on Saturday the 20th to visit the Native American Museum and we'll be able to leave Lou at the farm. Monday morning we're going to South Carolina and staying at the Woodlands Inn, in Summerville, near Charleston. The Woodlands Inn is a Virtuoso property, rated 5 stars, and is pet friendly. It sits on 43 acres and I can't wait to visit. Tuesday we'll spend some time in Charleston, one of my favorite cities, and one that Jamie is very familiar with, since he helped care for many of the formal gardens in the downtown estates...then off to Estill, SC to visit with Jamie's father. That's about as far as I have gotten. I know we have to head back to Florida, but I'm not sure if we'll got to Savannah for a night, or maybe head into North Florida right away, or what. We will stay somewhere in N FL for a night so we can spend a day canoeing or tubing down some of the crystal clear rivers that flow through this part of the state. I'll let you know more as soon as I do! I love the freedom of making these kind of travel plans. And of course, I can always change my mind!

No comments: