Monday, May 18, 2009

Post Haste Travel newsletter article from my mother, the boss

From Sylvia Berman's " The Presidents Desk" column in the Post Haste Travel newsletter...
This is the first article I will write as "I", and not as "we". After 53 years I will be traveling alone, as my husband, Bob, passed away in March. The change is barely noticeable, as my daily routine is the same. The evenings are when life is quiet, and that is overcome with the myriad of work that I am able to bring home. Where do I go from here? Onward and upward. I will continue to travel to the countries that we both love in Africa, only now my companions will be other travelers who wish to learn what I can teach. To find the excitement in new places, new faces, new experiences. Africa is its people, as well as its animals, and it is never the same.
I will continue to take the easiest of all vacations, the cruise. I will cruise to locations that whet one’s appetite, to taste the unusual, and the unexplored. New ports are opening up to travelers that were closed a recently as last year. New parts of the world fulfill different needs for different people and for me, it means the ability to visit other cultures, other lands, where things are not the same as they are at home. Today that becomes easier and easier and so I will seek out the cruise lines that offer these new cities.
I guess that’s why Bob and I found Africa, the place we returned to year after year, so enticing. We never tired of having a lion trot next to our vehicle, or watch families of elephant parade in front of us, to see cheetah cubs frolicking with their mother, to push through the brush as we followed a rhino after its mate. Never the same, only now you can join me. Call and talk to me about my trip to South Africa this October. Become part of this learning experience.

No comments: