Monday, March 12, 2012

My Trip to Africa

Well, less than 24 hours before Meredith McCleary and I leave for a month long trip to Africa.  We are leaving Fort Lauderdale tomorrow morning to JFK, then boarding South African Air to Johannesberg. 18 hours, coach, without a cigarrette! Thank goodness for the patch, Xanax, and sleeping pills! From Johannesburg we leave almost immediately for Nairobi, where we will be staying at Hotel Palancia..a new property for both of us.  We will spend a few days visiting local hotels, Giraffe Manor,The National Museum, The Elephant Orphanage, then staying at the Norfolk Hotel.  Day 5 we head to the Mount Kenya Safari Club...one of my favorite places in Kenya...last time I was there, 25 years ago, I took a 1/2 day horseback ride which was fabulous.  We're having breakfast and lunch in two different safari camps, then satying at elephonat Bedroom Camp for 2 nights.  We will spend the days visiting many different camps, with an early morning game drive before leaving for Samburu Intrepids. After thenext night at Mbweha Camp, we go to the Masai Mara, inspect more camps then stay at Tipilikwani for 2 nights. Then....Uganda and walking with the Gorillas...at least I am. Meredith will visit with the local people. Day 13 we head to South Africa and Capetown.We're staying at Table Bay, Taj Cape Town, The Palace, oh, Leopard Hills in between,  and somewhere in there going to Zambia and staying at the Royal Livingstone to see Victoria Falls. Our last 2 nights will be at the Saxon in Capetown before heading back to the US on April 10th. You can bet I'll be on Facebook, Twitter, and everywhere else I can posting photos, thoughts and insights.  Look for me in cyberspace!

No comments: